Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cooking with V

Thought I'd do a post on one my cooking endeavors (usually kept secret from people other than my mom, and she only knows by the carbon trails I leave in frying pans), for a change. Something I've been aching to try out was the dish V is seen cooking in V for Vendetta. If you remember, V was seen cooking this bread and egg thing for his semi-girlfriend in the movie: 
Well, I thought I'd give it a try. From some internet research, it turns out that its not that hard to make, all you've got to do is cut a hole in a slice of bread, butter both sides (I had to make do with ghee for this time), brown it, and then drop an egg into the hole.
Where I ran into problems was in turning it over before the bottom was overcooked. This turned out to be a problem because I usually like my eggs sunny side up, and turning it over just hardens the entire yolk, which is less preferable. After many, many eggs and pieces of bread being over-and-under cooked, I solved it by slow-heating the dish and covering the top. They all tasted pretty good, nonetheless. So, here are some of my first attempts (not very good looking, but very edible and VERY tasty):
 And here are some of my final products: 
Overall it was pretty interesting, and I think I've found a new breakfast dish (for when my mom's leves me alone at home).