Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Kneecaps, Colleges and Memories.

I just realised that I have a blog I've been neglecting for a while now. I didn't just realize it, it's been nagging me from the back of my mind, like when you forget to put the top back on a drink and leave it on your table.
Far too much has happened to me, and I've felt far too much for me not to pen it, or at least recount it in my head. A lot of it will escape this post, but it helps for me to remember it, spend some time on it, and shelve it somewhere in my growing collection of significant memories.
Memories are important to me. As are pictures. I often find myself poring through pictures, memories, conversations, wishing I was there. Or having an excellent moment and flashing forward to me looking back at it with a smile.
I live in the past and I love it. I love all of it, the good and the bad, and the truly excellent moments I've been lucky to have. If I had a wish, it would be to never stop cherishing life as much as I do right now and have always done.

So, Previously on Olickel:
I got into Yale-NUS! (If you don't know what it is, look it up right now. Seriously, stop reading and google.)
I love it here. There have been good and bad moments, as there will always be in life, but every one of those associated with this college have been good. Although I wonder if it's just me. The end of the gap year had me so fervently anticipating college that I built this unrealistic expectation in my head, and YNC demolishes it only to build it higher.
I dislocated my leg! Again! It wasn't as bad as it sounds though. Seems I've learned enough from my first that after the initial shock of holding your kneecap in your hand, I had the presence of mind to lift it and put it back where it belonged. Yeah. That should teach my body to misbehave.
Honestly though, I can't say I'm not a little sad that I can't play sports for a while. Like badminton. Especially badminton. Although it's made me hit the gym a lot more for my physiotherapy so I should be getting fitter (and hopefully buffer) right about the time my leg gets back in action. (But I'm chocking down an entire packet of Ruffles as I type this so I remind myself not to hold out too much hope)

There is a lot of work that goes along with college. But it's a gradeless semester and I ran out of fucks to give around the end of the first week so it's been fine. In fact, it's been awesome!
A lot more I need to talk about, but it's getting late and that game of Halo isn't gonna play itself. So. Over and out.