Thursday, April 30, 2015

Something long overdue.

There is an idea that has been growing inside of me for quite some time. The idea is time. It takes time for the things I can envision in my head, in my heart to reach maturity, to be ready to be released into the world. At any given time, I’m working, sleeping or eating, or doing one of the many things that I am fortunate to love to be doing in my life. All through these things I do, I’m thinking about the idea, slowly moulding it, pruning it, reshaping it so I can clearly understand what it is. It takes effort to bring it to the fore of my mind, to vocalize it, if for me alone.

We have all felt this. When a song comes on that motivates us, and we look around for things to do, only to wonder what it is that we want to do. To do, to progress, to move forward and stride ahead. It hasn’t been clear to me for quite some time. Perhaps the very things I have mentioned have muddled my thinking, in the same way that a road when taken for too long can become invisible. I am writing this because I have finally managed to catch this tiger by the tail, and I am not about to let go. This is an attempt to pull him out into the open, to see him burning bright and catch a final glimpse before I release him to the wilderness of my subconscious.

The idea of moving forward to me, I understand now lies in creating. I wish to create. To give the things that I have considered form, and see them live on their own, take flight, even if in their fledgling moments they fail. 

That is why in the coming months of my life I will endeavour to be a better person. To do things everyday that improve me as one of my creed, to do things that will bring me closer to that ideal I hold. Physically, mentally and personally. In doing so I will devote my time to the creation of two of the ideas closest to my heart while attempting to create more. No more lethargic days spent resting. No more pauses until I complete. I want to see what I can do, because I realise I do not know what that is. I want to see, with my eyes, what I can build to stand by me in progress.

This piece has been the first, but it will not be the last. This is but a vision of what I wish to bring about, and I need it to remind me of this brief moment of lucidity in my world, a world of fleeting fractals of sprouts and ideas. 

I hope it will.


Over and out.